Sometimes you’ll need to return items to us. We won’t get Ratty. Rather we want this to this to be as simple as possible.
When you receive your item you have up to 90 days to change your mind and send it back to us.
We'll refund (we don’t do exchanges) all items which:
- Are returned to us within 90 days of receipt.
- Are returned to us in perfect condition for resale, ie unused, with their original packaging and with the labels attached.
Clearly the recycling of safety equipment and underwear is not in anyone’s interest and causes risk to safety and hygiene. Therefore we will point you in the direction of the manufacturer in the case of the following items:
- climbing hardware
- bike helmets
- medical packs
- emergency equipment
- Items with mouth pieces such as hydration packs
As this is the postal system and internet we are dealing with, things may not always go to plan. With issues such as mis-delivered items and spam folders best always give us a call on 01904 409401 if you want to double check anything. That said, 99.99% of our customers are fantastic, honest and reasonable folk so please don’t be the type of person that tries to abuse our policies and spoil it for everyone else. We will spot you and happily send you on your way.
o How to Return
o Exchanges (We don’t do exchanges)
o Faulty Items
o Who pays the postage on returned Items?
o Our contact details
How to Return
- Wrap securely in a bag or paper, taking care not to damage the product packaging and post to:
Rat Race Store
- Please enclose your invoice and note on the invoice to let us match your product with your transaction. This will help us to ensure we process your return quickly and efficiently.
- You'll need to pay the postage costs to return your parcel. We recommend that you ensure you obtain sufficient postal insurance in case your item goes missing on its way back to us.
- If you have any enquiries about returning your item(s), please feel free to contact us.
- We'll refund your item via your original payment method.
- You will not receive a refund for the retail value of any free items you are sent and Rat Race may charge you for this item if you fail to return it.
- We try our best to process all refunds within three working days of receipt, however during busy periods allow 7 working days for your refund.
- When we've authorised your product for refund, we'll send you an email to let you know it is being processed.
Exchanges (We don’t do exchanges)
We have a policy of not offering an exchanges service, rather we will refund your returned item while you make a fresh purchase on the website. This is for the following reasons:
- Best that you grab the product while it is live on the website. Lags in an exchange process can mean the product goes out of stock.
- Buying an alternative on the website rather than waiting for a return will get you the product quicker.
- A fresh transaction will allow us to track your parcel in a more clear manner.
- If you find a fault with your item, send it back to us and we'll take a look at it as soon as we can. If we find a manufacturing fault, we'll happily replace or refund it.
- Faulty items should be returned within a reasonable time and preferably in a clean and dry condition.
- PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT PROCESS DIRTY ITEMS AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HANDLE THIS ITEM DUE TO HEALTH AND SAFETY HYGENE ISSUES. If the item is dirty will contact you regarding a charge for returning for cleaning the product.
- Please enclose all your receipt so we can match the product to your transaction and a covering note explaining the fault and any other useful details.
- We'll try to get back to you within two working days of receipt of your parcel, although during busy periods this may take slightly longer.
- Where a fault is found, we'll refund your reasonable return postage costs.
- Occasionally, if we're struggling to locate a fault, we may request a second opinion from the product manufacturer. This will take more time as they will need to inspect the item. This is often the case only with very technical items.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
Who pays the postage on returned Items?
- If you return something due to it being unsuitable or not fitting correctly, you will need to pay the postage costs to return it to us.
- If you return something due to it being faulty we refund up to £15 carriage.
- We recommend you use recorded delivery or registered post to return items so as to cover yourself against loss.
Our Contact details:
Rat Race Store Limited
Unit 4 Stirling Park
Amy Johnson Drive
Telephone 1: +44(0)1904 409 401 (9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday)